Sunday, January 25, 2009

This shit just got REAL

Well semi-serious real post on some plane of existence but basically I wanted to talk about why we started this blog: forcing ourselves to do more art until we all achieve a collective nervous break down, become recluses and hate everyone that's ever existed or potentially will exist.

Well, sorta, maybe. Ok maybe not that intense of a gesture but we did originally start this blog to do more art, if not exclusively, for this blog. And I'm not calling for anything major here or going to get on anyone's ass but I think it's time we brought back the themes to do each week and post some art to go with it.

If that's a bit too much, we could extend it a little longer. I'd just like to hear what you guys are thinking. On top of that each theme should be seen as a fun challenge and taking different approaches would be just as interesting. I have an idea for the next one and I'm thinking of using paper cut outs to make it. We'll see.

As for other things, I've been highly enjoying my print making class. Here's some silk screen work I've been doing on a series of dinosaur hybrid birds:


and the usual comics:



Also I got new shoes, a hair cut, clipped my nails, shaved, changed my car's oil and ate a huge burrito all in one day. I think from now on I'm going to try to ball up all of my weekly/monthly/quarterly self maintenance into one day because I felt god damn dapper.

And hey, have a Junji Ito inspired zombie doodle. As a toast to work our asses off a little more.

No comments: